Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Stop: Seattle!

I said this adventure would be exciting and the first day did not disappoint.

This morning dad and I made our way to the airport all ready to go, up and ready before 530 should never have to happen. Arrived at the airport smoothly, checked in, sent my baggage off and said goodbyes as I headed into the ever-long security checkpoint.
Here's where the fun begins......
I forgot my phone in the car. Cue panic. I asked the kind lady in front of me in the security line to borrow her phone and she obliged only to find that dad wasn't picking up his phone or mine. I went off in search of a pay phone in hopes that I could place a collect call---apparently cell phones don't do that...wtf?
Than I asked another gentle to borrow his phone and called persistently until dad answered the phone. Explained the situation....at this point I have like 20 mins before my plane is scheduled to leave.
Dad races back to the airport dropping off my phone at 6:52 for 7:04 departure.....
I get to the security line and it is the longest line in the history of forever.
I explain my situation to the line guard person and they and a member of TSA pass me through all the little line chords to the front....yup I was that person...
they check my ID and say "Happy Birthday! Let's make your present making sure you get on your plane!" :) how sweet.
I'm through security, find out my gate is of course at the other end of the terminal and I'm running....
get to my gate and my flight was delayed so my getting to the gate at 7:03 didn't matter because we left at 7:45. Cue exhaustion.

In comparison the flight was fairly uneventful. and then we landed.

Hello there home of Christian Grey, the Space Needle, and the Original Starbucks!

1. seattle has MOUNTAINS




2. seattle has TREES...lots of them...in random places

3. seattle was sunny and clear! (this never happens)

As soon as i got back to my Hostel: (looks more like a fancy hotel to me :) )



I put down my bags and went right to the SPACE NEEDLE!
    thought I was going to die of a heart attack but it wasn't so bad :)





Seattle was so happy to see me it not only cleared up the skies but there was a rainbow over the space needle! 


Here is one of the beautiful views:









for proof that I went up and didn't stay on the ground:






As I said, today has been nothing but eventful :)

Now to figure out tonight..... hmmmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment