Thursday, June 28, 2012

Seattle Part 2

Ladies and Gentlemen.... I go all the way across the country and where do I find myself? 
The library.

Typical.


Today started off bright and early out the door before 10am! (that's impressive for me)

My packed day included such wonderful stops as: EMP Museum, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Pike Place Market, the Original Starbucks, and The Seattle Central Library.

NowI'm sure you are all wondering "Why the library??" Here are some reasons:

 Seattle obviously understands people like me with book obsessions just look at this place!!!!




It has 10 floors of library awesomeness.......I even attempted to look down...Yikes! hello vertigo




it gorgeous, spacious, and has great views. Plus I'm being productive and after this post going to be getting the rest (hopefully) of my pre-departure homework done.

In the spirit of of keeping my Studious Sigma title and in the spirit of Hagerty (the library at school).. I shall be here until they come and kick me out. Woo!

Now that I have explained why I ended up here. I shall go through the rest of my exhausting but amazing day in order.

My day started off pretty darn spectacularly!


On my out of the Hostel and off for my jam-packed day, a lady was checking out and handed me the rest of her unused "Seattle City pass". (for those of you who don't know that is  $70 pass that gets you into 6 of the famous seattle attractions. I didn't buy one because there where only 1 thing i was going to do for sure (space needle) and 1 maybe (EMP) in the booklet....so it wasn't worth it for me.)
So I'm going through the booklet to see whats left and theres an EMP ticket! So that was my first stop

EMP is the Experience Music Project Museum.
  
    they had some pretty cool exhibits on avatar and horror movies
                             -nirvana and AC DC made an appearance as well



   There was also a sci-fi exhibit...of course I had to go into it and low and behold who makes an appearance but Doctor Who.
        
                                                      why hello there Dalek!







    they also had an awesome guitar tornado:





they also had this "studio" area where they had real sound-proof "jam rooms" with all different instruments in them. I got to play a gorgeous Fender Starcaster Stratocaster guitar! they had a bucket of picks in the jam room so obviously I had to take one home!




it was a pretty chill place and it was FREE thanks to that lady who gave me her left over tickets :)


Next stop was the Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit.....out. of. this. world.

                          I am at a loss for words so all these pictures will have to say it for me:
ps. (sorry anybody who wants to go and I'm ruining it for...)














































Next up was Pike Place Market and lunch :)


there were a lot of cool fresh food and produce shops with crazy big stuff like this!! 
(Daddy I know you wish you could've got one :( I would mail it but i think it would squish...)








  coolest thing i saw there was this seafood shop:


this was my lunch time view while I had fresh caught cod fish and chips:







afterwards was Original Starbucks time :)



old school!






cute old man really knew how to sing!



so big and spacious inside!













and then I went to the library. which we already covered. :)


Sorry for the enormity of this post!
 <3






No comments:

Post a Comment